If you’re looking for a fun and family-friendly way to introduce classical music to your kids, then join us for the next KDFC’s Kids Discovery Day at the Tech Interactive in San Jose on Sunday, February 23rd from 10 AM to 3 PM!
Meet beloved KDFC hosts Dianne Nicolini, Robin Pressman, Jennifer Miller, and Hoyt Smith! Visit the instrument petting zoo, create your own instruments, test your vocal range with the San Francisco Opera, and so much more!
Plus, mention KDFC and admission is free! Get all the details below!
This fourth annual one-day children’s music festival features wall-to-wall, kid-friendly live classical music performances.
Children’s activities include:
• Unleash your Inner DJ! Meet KDFC hosts Dianne Nicolini, Hoyt Smith, Robin Pressman and Jennifer Miller and try out the Mic
• Voice range testing by San Francisco Opera
• “Little Red”, a mini-opera for children. This colorful, staged production of Opera San Jose is based on the children’s folk tale, “Little Red Riding Hood.”
• Be Your Own Beethoven: Composing musical themes and having them played by professional musicians on the spot
• Visiting an instrument petting zoo
• Creating musical instruments in an arts and crafts workshop with Music in Schools Today
• Participating in music workshops with teachers from Music for Minors
• And more to be announced!
At KDFC Kids Discovery day, you’ll enjoy performances from San Francisco’s famed Friction Quartet, The Zelos Quartet from San Jose State University, plus ensembles from the Peninsula Symphony, Philharmonia Baroque, Opera San Jose, and more.
Bring the whole family for a fun classical extravaganza! Don’t miss KDFC Kids Discovery Day at the Tech Interactive in San Jose, 10 AM to 3 PM on Sunday, February 23rd! It’s free – just mention KDFC! The Tech Interactive is located at 201 S Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113. For more information on the Tech Interactive, please call (408) 294-8324 or visit thetech.org.