In honor of Beethoven’s Birthday tomorrow, (what would have been his 247th,) here’s a little listening quiz to see how well you know his works. Can you name all twelve of them?
And here are the answers to the pieces in the montage – click and drag over the space below to reveal them.
- Symphony No. 3 “Eroica”
- Symphony No. 5
- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D minor
- Symphony No. 9 “Choral”
- Symphony No. 2
- Coriolan Overture
- String Quartet, Op. 18, No. 4 in C minor
- Piano Concerto No. 5 “Emperor”
- “Bei Männern” Variations (from Mozart’s Magic Flute)
- Sonata No. 8 “Pathetique” mvt. 2
- Symphony No. 8